THE CARBONDIOXIDE (CO2) LASER VAGINAL REJUVENATION.
What is CO2 Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
C02 laser vaginal rejuvenation is a non-surgical procedure done to restore vaginal health, by promoting the remodeling of the vaginal mucous epithelium layer.
How does it work?
A sterilized probe which releases a laser beam is inserted into the vagina. At the point of contact, the light energy gets converted to heat which burns a tiny area of tissue,creating a microscopic pinhole and heats up the surrounding areas as well. As a result, the body repairs itself,stimulating the activity of specialized cells that create elastin and collagen (the scaffolding components of healthy tissue) which result in vaginal tightening,elasticity, and hydration.
In what situations do we do this treatment?
- In conditions that cause vulvovaginal atrophy (when vaginal lining becomes thinner, dryer and less elastic) due to a drop in the oestrogen levels.
- “Induced” menopause as a result of removal of the uterus or suppression of ovarian function by chemotherapy and radiation.
- Breastfeeding related vaginal dryness
- Women taking Anti-oestrogen medications such as Goserelin and Leuporolide.
- To restore vaginal health and function after childbirth.
Are there any side effects?
Most women return to their normal activities after the procedure, and can resume sexual intercourse in 72 hours. Side effects are minimal, some patients may experience discomfort, a watery discharge or spotting for up to 48 hours’ post-treatment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS TREATMENT.