HYALURONIDASE: FILLER DISSOLVING TREATMENT
What is hyaluronidase? How does it work?
Hyaluronidase is an enzyme which accelerates the breaking down of hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Teosyly, Mesofiller and Restylane. Hyaluronidase enzyme works by a process called hydrolysis (breakdown of hyaluronic acid). When the enzyme is injected it dissolves the synthetic hyaluronic acid filler.
How long does it take hyaluronidase to work?
Hyaluronidase works very quickly, with most of the effect taking place within 24 hours. You should be able to see defined improvement and less filler in the area injected, beginning within a few hours. For denser, more cross-linked products, it may take 48 to 72hours to dissolve.
Additional treatments may be required if there are still areas that need correction.
It may take some weeks for the skin and local swelling of tissue to completely resolve.
In what situations do we use this treatment?
- Overcorrection or misplacement of hyaluronic acid filler caused by poor injection technique or poor choice of product for a particular area.
- Following the blockage of a blood vessel by filler [Signs of impending skin vessel blockage include pain, prolonged blanching (reticulated white or dusky appearance of the skin) and coolness of the skin]. This should be treated immediately.
- Following compression of a nerve by filler (Signs include numbness, tingling sensation and pain).
Are there any side effects?
A common complication following the administration of hyaluronidase is bruising and discomfort (minimised with topical anaesthetic). Another possible side effect of hyaluronidase is its potential to degrade the body’s natural hyaluronic acid especially if injected in excess. To minimise this risk, we calculate and administer precise quantities of hyaluronidase based on the amount of filler that needs to be dissolved. Allergic reactions could occur but these are rare.
How much does it cost?
Cost depends on number of areas to be treated and number of vials of hyaluronidase injection needed. Please download our comprehensive pricelist on the “about us” page of this website.
- CARBON DIOXIDE (C02) LASER TREATMENTS
- CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) LASER VAGINAL REJUVENATION
- CHEMICAL PEELS
- COSMETIC FILLERS
- DIAMOND MICRODERMABRASION
- FRACTIONAL RADIOFREQUENCY
- HYDRA DERMABRASION
- HYDRAFACIAL MD TREATMENT
- HYPERHIDROSIS TREATMENT
- IINTENSE PULSE LIGHT (IPL)
- INTRAVENOUS (IV) THERAPY
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- O-SHOT TREATMENT
- PLATELET RICH PLASMA
- Q-SWITCHED NDYAG LASER HYPERPIGMENTATION TREATMENT
- QUIT SMOKING PROGRAM
- RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) MICRONEEDLING
- SPIDER VEINS
- THE SKIN101 MEDSPA TREATMENTS
- TATTOO REMOVAL
- THE SKIN101 WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
- ULTRASONIC CATIVATION & RADIO FREQUENCY
Our Clinic Director
Dr Hilda Ashio Titiloye